Friday, May 15, 2009

Skate Parck Game Teck Deck

She and he, almost famous striped


Today I want to make the reverse journey that usually do on the blog. Usually I go to cd the movie as a decanter. I'll start with the band and film I'll just name.

Banda: She & Him . Formed by American actress Zooey Deschanel and musician M. Ward must be one of the bands revelation 2008. The music they make is a pop with many reminiscences of sixty and sixty , making it less cloying than the typical pop-nineties. Like, are changing. Do some ballads that balance between pop, folk, blues and jazz, very interesting. Other songs, more rhythmic, well used guitar.
The instruments are well chosen : guitar, banjo, organ, piano, mandolin. A Zooey accompanying two women in the chorus, to achieve that effect groovy sixties. I will say that Deschanel's voice is not "ooh" opera personified, but all the cd and banking you really like the style they chose.

The first record of them is called "Volume 1" and left last year. The type of music and they are described, there are songs soft as "Change is hard" and "Take it back." Then there is the classic style revived by Amy Winehouse , in songs like "I was made for you." some blues & country in "Black Hole" and "Got me." The worlds of federal , which brings us this cd, thanks!


"Volume 1" (2008):
Download




01-Sentimental Heart 02-Why do you let me stay here?
03-This is not a test
04-Change is hard
05-I Thought I saw your face today
06-Take it back
07-I Was Made For You
08-You really gotta hold on me
09 - Black hole Got me

10-11-I Should Have Known Better
12-Sweet darlin '13-Untlited


"Change is hard"



To hacérselas short hear it reminded me a lot to the film that acts Zooey coincidentally, that is "Almost famous" . The music could have gone quietly there. We will pass to the movie. Well cortita will be the review.

basically tells the story in the seventies up a rock band (Stillwater ) and a young reporter who enlisted in his travels to learn more about them. Thus we see the concerts, their aspirations, parties, groupies, histeriqueos with the "fame" (which never arrived) and demases from a rubber that never got anything. Zooey Deschanel makes Anita Miller , The sister of main character, William Miller is (Patrick Fugit ).
To me what I liked about the movie is the story of the characters beyond of fame or rock. Because yes, the kids of the band were just assholes hahaha ... (especially the character that makes Jason Lee). The scenery, the atmosphere they create for the movie is beautiful. The image ... really happen ... At a time out Frances McDormand walking down San Diego, and everything is so frozen in time scary ... The music is tremendous too. And, I will tell the truth, that cholula thing, the excitement of following your idols is another thing that grabbed me ... (smiley that blushes : $ ). The actors? Kate Hudson, Jason Lee, Anna Pakin, Frances McDormand, Zooey ...
Well, you see it and tell me what wave. I already saw it and for me is a 3 Clare.


Trailer:

0 comments:

Post a Comment